Choosing the best camcorder under 300 is important, as you are going to be investing a few hundred dollars in a device that you will want to last you a number of years. The various camcorders currently on sale these days are much better quality than they once were, but you will find that you still need to do your research and read the review for each camcorder in order to find the best one. By reading the review for each camcorder carefully, you can be certain to choose the one that will function best, lasts longest, and be as user-friendly as possible.
Here are some tips to help you choose the best camcorder under $300 without spending hours reading a review on each of the camcorders you are considering:
- Make sure that you find a camcorder that has a good zoom, as that will ensure that you can get close up shots of your footage without needing to actually get too close to the action. The better the zoom, the easier it will be for you to capture both wide and close angle shots from the same position. The best camcorders will usually have a fairly high zoom, but you can review the specs of each camcorder to find out which one has the zoom you need.
- Find camcorders that have optical image stabilization, as that will ensure that the footage you capture is as clear and steady as possible. Seeing as your hand is likely to shake slightly as you film, the optical image stabilization ensures that the image that you capture is as stable as possible without the need for a tripod.
- Buy a camcorder that has as large a memory card as possible, as that will enable you to capture much more film without having to download the footage onto your computer. The larger your memory card or stick, the easier it will be for you to use your camcorder without having to regularly connect it to your computer in order to clear the card of all the footage that you capture.
- One great feature that you can look for in a camcorder is a built in LCD touch screen. The touch screen makes it easier for you to control the camcorder without needing to press a multitude of buttons. While these camcorders with the touch screens will be slightly more costly, it will be worth it to purchase one with the screen that makes it much more user friendly and convenient for you to use.
- The geo- tagging feature is a new one that comes in handy when trying to film around the country or around the world. Like the date tagging feature adds the date to the footage to show exactly when it was shot, the geo-tagging features adds the location where the footage is shot. This makes it perfect for you to prove that you were at a certain spot or that you actually have visited some part of the world when showing the camcorder footage off to your friends.