You can’t pick – and – choose, when you will proceed, with ethical behavior, and when you might not! Real estate professionals must realize, and adopt, regular, consistent, allegiance, to the utmost degree of ethics, EVERY day! Not only is this a requirement, both of real estate law, but it’s also a central component, of the National Association of Realtors (NAR), as well as local components. However, even more important, being ethical is the right thing to do, when one represents a client and/ or customer. With that in mind, this article will attempt to review, briefly, using the mnemonic approach, why this is essential and important!
1. Empathy; emphasis: Since, for most people, the value of their house, represents their single, largest financial asset, ethical real estate agents, focus on addressing and understanding/ caring about the perceptions, goals, needs, and priorities, of those they represent! Ethics should drive one, to place his emphasis, on doing what’s best for your client/ customer, rather than being motivated, solely, on selling, to enrich oneself!
2. Value; values; visions: How an agent communicates with his client, generally indicates his focus, and visions, and where he directs his emphasis! Agents owe it to those they represent, to provide true value, while conforming to the core values, of ethics, and absolute integrity!
3. Excellence; endurance; evaluate: Consider what goes into, the way someone evaluates, his planning, performance, and strategic and action plans! Great agents maintain their endurance, in an inspiring, motivating, way, and relentlessly, seek the best scenario, for their clients! Never sacrifice the commitment to excellence, for the expediency, and/ or convenience, of a path, which is merely, good – enough!
4. Relevant; reliable; responsive/ responsibility; realistic: There is a need, to move forward, with relevant, reliable actions. Great agents are consistently, both, responsive to the specific, best interests, of their clients, and accept their responsibility, in a welcoming way! Avoid the tendency to deny, and/ or, bury – your – head – in the sand, but proceed, in a realistic, positive, can – do, manner, focused on achieving the best alternatives, for one’s clients!
5. Yes; you: Ethical behavior requires proceeding, in a positive manner, where the agent, says, yes, to doing, whatever, is in the best interests of his clients, with a quality focus, on doing what’s right! Take personal responsibility, and accept, it’s up to you, to do, what’s best!
Real estate ethics must be a behavior, used EVERY day! Will you be up to the responsibilities, and proceed with absolute integrity, and an emphasis, on service?